[openstack-dev] [infra] Upgrade to Gerrit 2.11

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Oct 14 23:07:36 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 05:08:29PM -0700, Zaro wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> The openstack-infra team would like to upgrade from our Gerrit 2.8 to
> Gerrit 2.11.  We are proposing to do the upgrade shortly after the
> Mitaka summit.  The main motivation behind the upgrade is to allow us
> to take advantage of some of the new REST api, ssh commands, and
> stream events features.  Also we wanted to stay closer to upstream so
> it will be easier to pick up more recent features and fixes.

Yeah really looking forward to 2.11!

> We want to let everyone know that there is a big UI change in Gerrit
> 2.11.  The change screen (CS), which is the main view for a patchset,
> has been completely replaced with a new change screen (CS2).  While
> Gerrit 2.8 contains both old CS and CS2, I believe everyone in
> Openstack land is really just using the old CS.  CS2 really wasn't

Just clarifying because -ENOTENOUGHCOFFEE

So in the Gerrit UI under (https://review.openstack.org/)
Settings -> Preferences -> Change view,  I have 3 options
 * Server Default (Old Screen)
 * Old Screen
 * New screen

I assume that 'Old Screen' == CS and 'New Screen' == CS2.

Yours Tony.