[openstack-dev] [nova] novaclient functional test failures

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 22:12:18 UTC 2015

On Oct 12, 2015, at 12:14, Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com> wrote:

> http://logs.openstack.org/77/232677/1/check/gate-novaclient-dsvm-functional/2de31bc/
> (For review https://review.openstack.org/232677)
>
> http://logs.openstack.org/99/232899/1/check/gate-novaclient-dsvm-functional/6d6dd1d/
> (For review https://review.openstack.org/232899)
>
> The first review does some stuff with functional tests, but the second
> is a simple global-requirements update, and both have the same failure
> signature.

I noticed in the trace, novaclient is calling a function for keystone v1 auth [1][2]. It had been calling v2 auth in the past and I think this commit [3] in devstack that writes the clouds.yaml specifying v3 as the identity API version is probably responsible for the change in behavior. It used to use the $IDENTITY_API_VERSION variable. The patch merged on Oct 7 and in logstash I find the failures start on Oct 8 [4]

Novaclient looks for "v2.0" in the auth url and creates a request based on that. If it doesn't find "v2.0" it falls back generating a v1 request. And it doesn't yet have a function for generating a v3 request.

-melanie (irc: melwitt)

[1] http://logs.openstack.org/99/232899/1/check/gate-novaclient-dsvm-functional/6d6dd1d/console.html.gz#_2015-10-09_16_01_24_088
[2] https://github.com/openstack/python-novaclient/blob/147a1a6ee421f9a45a562f013e233d29d43258e4/novaclient/client.py#L601-L622
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/220846/