[openstack-dev] Requests + urllib3 + distro packages

Steve Baker sbaker at redhat.com
Mon Oct 12 21:09:52 UTC 2015

On 13/10/15 02:05, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> BTW, the same applies for tablib which is in a even more horrible state
> that makes it impossible to package with Py3 support. But tablib could
> be removed from our (build-)dependency list, if someone cares about
> re-writing cliff-tablib, which IMO wouldn't be that much work. Doug, how
> many beers shall I offer you for that work? :)

Regarding tablib, cliff has had its own table formatter for some time,
and now has its own json and yaml formatters. I believe the only tablib
formatter left is the HTML one, which likely wouldn't be missed if it
was just dropped (or it could be simply reimplemented inside cliff).

If the cliff deb depends on cliff-tablib I would recommend removing that
dependency and just stop packaging cliff-tablib.