[openstack-dev] [kolla][release] Announcing Kolla Liberty RC1 available since 9/29

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Wed Oct 7 16:58:57 UTC 2015

Hey folks,

My apologies for not sending out our release announcement for RC1 earlier.  I had thought I sent it, but don’t see it on the mailing list archive.

The Kolla community is pleased to announce the release of the Kolla Liberty rc1 milestone.  This release fixes 87 bugs and implements 10 blueprints!

The Kolla Community developed the following notable features in Liberty rc1.

  *   Stable API for communicating with the Containers using JSON for configuration.
  *   RHEL and OSP container image building implemented.
  *   Logging using rsyslog to single log_data container
  *   Full OpenStack and Ceph integration and deployment across all services which have storage implementations using ceph (Cinder, Nova, Glance).
  *   Vastly improved implementation of Vagrant including libvirt integration.
  *   Murano Ansible and container implementation.
  *   Repository renamed to http://github.com/openstack/kolla.
  *   Ironic Ansible and container implementation in tech preview mode.

The following services are now stable and may be deployed multi-node via Ansible:

  *   Ceph implemented with storage for glance images, Nova ephermal storage, and cinder volumes and backups.
  *   Cinder only works with Ceph at this time.
  *   Murano works properly.
  *   Ironic ansible deployment which is selectable between either bare metal or virtualized flavors in Nova + Neutron (hence the tech preview).   Our long term goal to make this technologyfully implemented is to provide an implementation which allows baremetal and virtualized flavors in the same deployment.

We are in the home stretch of our release towards Liberty targeted for October 15th.  Lets get a solid liberty-rc2 tagged and available on October 9th!

Regards,

- The Kolla Development Team