[openstack-dev] [Glance] Process to clean up the review queue from non-active patches

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Wed Oct 7 09:12:51 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 07 2015, Flavio Percoco wrote:

> I'm not trying to solve the lack of reviews in Liberty by removing
> patches. What I'd like to do, though, is help to keep around patches
> that really matter.

I think that's where you are making a mistake. They are contributors,
like me or Victor, are knocking on the Glance doors for months now,
sending patches that resolve technical debt rather than adding new
debt^Wfeatures. Currently, these patches are not seen as important and
are often "dismissed". So I'm pretty sure they are going to expire with
this new system.

Imagine that if you were merging patches from me, Victor, and people
like us, we would continue to send many of them, and mid-term, you'd get
some new blood on your core team.

What is proposed here is really focusing on making life easier for the
current core team which is in large majority inactive.

Don't read me wrong. I know you and Nikhil are both well-intentioned by
proposing that. I just think it's going to be worse, because it won't
improve much and you're going to push new contributors away.

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker