[openstack-dev] [Fuel][PTL] PTL Candidates Q&A Session

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Wed Oct 7 01:57:22 UTC 2015

Looks like we need to make it totally clear in our policy...

> So we assume that detailed architectural work will be relayed to
Component Leads
I don't agree with this statement, as it implies that _all_ architectural
work will be relayed to component leads.

PTL is fully responsible for technical direction of the project. However,
since the project is large, I'd expect that PTL will rely on Component
Leads for most of particular technical decisions to be made.
At the same time, PTL defines technical direction for the project, and
ensures that component leads as well as others are aligned to it.

If people are not aligned, it's job of PTL in the first order to:
a) delegate alignment work to Component Lead if possible
b) make yourself available to participate in alignment and resolving
disputes, if component leads can't do it or if there is misalignment
between Component Leads or Component Leads and PTL or Component Leads and
PTLs of other OpenStack projects.

I hope that this definition most of fuelers will find reasonable... but as
I said, we need to spend some time and get it crystal clear in our policy.

Mike Scherbakov
#mihgen