[openstack-dev] [fuel] What to do when a controller runs out of space

Sergii Golovatiuk sgolovatiuk at mirantis.com
Mon Oct 5 08:59:33 UTC 2015

Good morning gentlemen!

Alex raised very good question. Thank you very much! We have 3 init systems
right now. Some services use SystemV, some services use upstart, some
services are under pacemaker. Personally, I would like to have pacemaker as
pid 1 to replace init [1]. However, I would like to remove custom scripts
as much as possible to leave only upstart/systemd classes [2] only. That
move will give fantastic flexibility to operators to control their services.

Concerning Haproxy checker, I think it should be done in different way. If
pacemaker/corosyunc has an issue the node should be fenced.

Also, I would like to have pacemaker remote to control services on compute
nodes. It's very good replacement for monit.

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq5nYPKxBCo
[2]
http://clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-resource-supported.html

--