[openstack-dev] [puppet] acceptance tests status

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 16:24:45 UTC 2015

Hi,

Most of our modules have acceptance tests (run in beaker CI jobs) and
they make our modules can be deployed and actually deploy OpenStack
services. They are also really helpful for reviewers to validate patches
do not break the module.

While we are currently working on integration testing, I would like to
engage some work on modules that do not have acceptance tests:

* puppet-zaqar
* puppet-murano
* puppet-monasca
* puppet-mistral
* puppet-gnocchi (wip by me)
* puppet-aodh
* puppet-barbican

For each module, we need to:
* make sure UCA or/and RDO provides packaging (at least in liberty)
* push first acceptance tests (look [1] for example)

For now, it's really hard to make review for those modules because we
don't really test it. That means patches take more time to land because
our core team like functional testing.

I would like our community to makemore efforts on this during Mitaka
cycle, please raise your hand if you're willing to help.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/puppet-glance/blob/master/spec/acceptance/basic_glance_spec.rb

Emilien Macchi