[openstack-dev] [all] Liberty release - what is the correct version - 2015.2.0, 8.0.0 or 12.0.0?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Oct 1 01:06:43 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-01 10:54:20 +1000 (+1000), Richard Jones wrote:
[...]
> I believe that if we are moving to semver, then 12.0.0 is
> appropriate.

Each project participating in the release is following semver
independently, with the first digit indicating the number of
OpenStack integrated releases in which that project has
participated. This means the version numbers will vary between
projects. For Horizon it's 8.0.0 but for, say, Nova it's 12.0.0 and
Sahara's 3.0.0. This was chosen specifically to avoid future
assumptions that the version numbers will remain in sync as they
will naturally diverge in coming cycles anyway.

For further details, see the thread starting around
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-June/067006.html
which lists all of them (noting there have since been some
corrections to that initial plan).
--
Jeremy Stanley