[openstack-dev] [ironic] Releases and things

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Wed Nov 25 23:02:30 UTC 2015

Hi all,

We're approaching OpenStack's M-1 milestone, and as we have lots of good
stuff in the master branch, and no Mitaka release yet, I'd like to make
a release next Thursday, December 3.

First, I've caught us up (best I can tell) on missing release notes
since our last release. Please do review them:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/250029/

Second, please make sure when writing and reviewing code, that we are
adding release notes for anything significant, including important bug
fixes. See the patch above for examples on things that could be
candidates for the release notes. Basically, if you think it's something
a deployer or operator might care about, we should have a note for it.

How to make a release note:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/reno/usage.html

Last, I'd love if cores could help test the master branch and try to
dislodge any issues there, and also try to find any existing bug reports
that feel like they should definitely be fixed before the release.

I've got a small list of patches I'd like to see land before the
release:

* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/250029 - the release notes I
  mentioned earlier. Obviously required before release. :)

* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/249912 - fixes an issue with sample
  config generation, and updates the generated config

* https://review.openstack.org/#/c/235493 - completes the blueprint for
  agent-image-proxy; not a blocker for release but would be cool if it
  landed.

Feel free to reply with others that you think are a must-have.

Also, as a note, I'll be on vacation from (approximately) now until
December 7. Devananda has graciously agreed to manage this release for us.
If there's anything that absolutely needs my attention, him and some
other cores have ways to reach me. Otherwise, I'll pop in here and there
but consider me gone until the 7th. :)

After going through the commit log to build the release notes patch, I
think we've done a lot of great work since the 4.2 release. Thank you
all for that. Let's keep pushing hard on our priority list and have an
amazing rest of the cycle! :D

// jim