[openstack-dev] [ironic] Releases and things

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 15:30:44 UTC 2015

On 25 November 2015 at 18:02, Jim Rollenhagen <jim at jimrollenhagen.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We're approaching OpenStack's M-1 milestone, and as we have lots of good
> stuff in the master branch, and no Mitaka release yet, I'd like to make
> a release next Thursday, December 3.
>
> First, I've caught us up (best I can tell) on missing release notes
> since our last release. Please do review them:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/250029/
>
> Second, please make sure when writing and reviewing code, that we are
> adding release notes for anything significant, including important bug
> fixes. See the patch above for examples on things that could be
> candidates for the release notes. Basically, if you think it's something
> a deployer or operator might care about, we should have a note for it.
>
> How to make a release note:
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/reno/usage.html

Jim, thanks for putting together the release notes! It isn't crystal clear
to me what ought to be mentioned in release notes, but I'll use your
release notes as a guide :)

This is a heads up to folks that if you have submitted a patch that
warrants mention in the release notes, you ought to update the patch to
include a note. Otherwise, (sorry,) it will be -1'd.

> Last, I'd love if cores could help test the master branch and try to
> dislodge any issues there, and also try to find any existing bug reports
> that feel like they should definitely be fixed before the release.

I think this also means that we shouldn't land any patches this coming
week, that might be risky or part of an incomplete feature.

> After going through the commit log to build the release notes patch, I
> think we've done a lot of great work since the 4.2 release. Thank you
> all for that. Let's keep pushing hard on our priority list and have an
> amazing rest of the cycle! :D

Hear, hear!

--ruby