[openstack-dev] [nova][infra][bugs] Grafana Dashboard for Bugs
mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Tue Nov 24 15:20:26 UTC 2015
We have "grafana" for data visualization  and I'd like to introduce
a dashboard which shows data from our bug tracker Launchpad. Based on
ttx's code  for the "bugsquashing day stats"  I created a PoC
(screenshot at ). The code which collects the data from Launchpad
and pushes it into a statsd deamon is available at *. Thanks to
jeblair who showed me all the necessary pieces. I have chosen the
following namespace hierarchy for the metrics for statsd:
The two reasons I've chosen it this way are:
1) specify "launchpad" in case we will have multiple issue trackers
at the same time and want to differ between those two
2) specify "nova" to seperate between the OpenStack projects
The code  I've written doesn't care about project specifics and can
be used for the other projects (Neutron, Cinder, Glance, ...) as well
without any changes. Only the "config.js" file has to be changed if
a project wants to opt in.
* Any feedback if the data  I've chosen would be helpfull to you?
* Which OpenStack project has the right scope for the code ?
* I still have to create a grafyaml  file for that. I've build the
PoC dashboard with grafana's GUI.
* I haven't yet run the code for the novaclient project, that's why
there is a "N/A" in the screenshot.
* I would need an infra-contact who would help me to have this script
executed repeatedly in a (tbd) interval (30mins?).
 Screenshort of the PoC nova bugs dashboard (expires on 2015-12-20):
* you can set ``target="syso"`` to print the data to the stdout without
the need to have a statsd deamon running
Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)
More information about the OpenStack-dev