[openstack-dev] [infra][devstack][gnocchi] Unable to run devstack-gate with stable/1.3

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Fri Nov 20 13:25:10 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 20 2015, Clark Boylan wrote:

> You need a mapping of some sort. How should devstack be configured for
> stable/X.Y? What about stable/Y.Z? This is one method of providing that
> mapping and it is very explicit. We can probably do better but we need
> to understand what the desired mapping is before encoding that into any
> tools.

AFAICT, Gnocchi supports any version of the components it leverages
(Keystone ans Swift). We just want devstack to deploy the latest stable
version, whatever it is.

> If you have a very specific concrete set of services to be configured
> you could possibly ship your own features.yaml to only configure those
> things (rather than the default of an entire running cloud). This may
> help make the jobs run quicker too.

We'd love that, we really don't need an "entire cloud". :)

> Another approach would be to set the OVERRIDE_ZUUL_BRANCH to master and
> the OVERRIDE_${project}_PROJECT_BRANCH to ZUUL_BRANCH so that your
> project is always checked out against the correct branch for the change
> but is tested against master everything else. This is probably the
> simplest mapping (our stable/X.Y should run against whatever is
> current).

I didn't think that's possible, it's good to know. That might be a good
option, though it has the downside of ultimately hitting potential bugs
in other project master. We already had our gate blocked for days
because we hit particular bugs in Keystone or Swift, and it took
days/weeks to fix and/or work-around them.

Thanks for the insight Clark!

--
Julien Danjou
// Free Software hacker