[openstack-dev] [openstack-dev ] [Heat] how to verify heat resource plugin

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 19 18:08:01 UTC 2015

Hi Mohan,

well, you should have the service you are developing the resource plugin
for installed somewhere and run heat against it, creating the stack with
the new resource type your plugin is defining, and checking that the thing
it creates is working, can be updated and deleted via heat template changes
and heat stack update and delete.
Can "sfc' neutron extension be deployed on devstack? that would be the
easiest way to test it.

Also, if it is a new type of upstream Neutron extension, I encourage you to
propose your new resource plugin to heat main tree via Gerrit.
If it is some custom downstream Neutron extension, you would like to check
the contrib folder in the heat repo, especially at e.g. Kilo release - back
then we had a lot of plugins there. so you could learn how to make a real
plugin out of your resource, that can be installed aside and registered
with a clean upstream Heat installation w/o modifying main Heat source code.

Best regards,

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 5:06 PM Mohan Kumar <nmohankumar1011 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi team,
>
>  Currently working on adding heat resource plugin for neutron extension
> "networking-sfc" , similar to firewall implementation  "
> https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/heat/engine resources/openstack/neutron/firewall.py
> <https://github.com/openstack/heat/blob/master/heat/engine/resources/openstack/neutron/firewall.py>
> "
>
>   I have gone through some code in heat repo and the guides and developed
> code locally  at "heat/engine/resources/openstack/neutron/sfc.py  ( " *http://paste.openstack.org/show/479425
> <http://paste.openstack.org/show/479425>*/
> <http://paste.openstack.org/show/479425/> " ) .
>
>  how to verify my changes are working ,any pointers ?
>
>  I'm new this concept and please help me to get started with this !
>
> Thanks.,
> Mohankumar.N

Dr. Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
Senior Software Engineer