[openstack-dev] [magnum] Autoscaling both clusters and containers

Ton Ngo ton at us.ibm.com
Wed Nov 18 00:58:51 UTC 2015

Hi Ryan,
     There was a talk in the last Summit on this topics to explore the
options with Magnum, Senlin, Heat, Kubernetes:
https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/videos/presentation/exploring-magnum-and-senlin-integration-for-autoscaling-containers
A demo was shown with Senlin interfacing to Magnum to autoscale.
    There was also a Magnum design session to discuss this same topics.
The use cases are similar to what you describe.  Because the subject is
complex, there are many moving parts, and multiple teams/projects are
involved, one outcome of the design session is that we will write a spec on
autoscaling containers and cluster.  A patch should be coming soon, so it
would be great to have your input on the spec.
Ton,