[openstack-dev] [neutron][sfc] How could an L2 agent extension access agent methods ?

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Thu Nov 12 21:11:44 UTC 2015

Henry Fourie <louis.fourie at huawei.com> wrote:

> Ihar,
>    Networking-sfc installs flows on br-int and br-tun for steering
> traffic to the SFC port-pairs. On each bridge additional tables are used
> for an egress forwarding pipeline (from the service VM port) and an
> ingress pipeline (to the service VM port). Rpc operations between the
> OVS driver and agents is used to initiate the flow installation.
>
> We'd like to work with you on defining the L2 extensions.

Hi Henry,

thanks for taking time to specify your needs. Could you please update the
etherpad [1] with these details?

Speaking of new ovs tables you need, how do you reference to them? Is there
any ordering guarantees for flows you will need to set that should be
provided in scope of that public API of the agent? I wonder whether just
pushing flows into the existing tables at random points in time can be
unstable and break the usual flow assumed by the main agent loop.

Am I making sense?

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/l2-agent-extensions-api-expansion

Ihar