[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Quick poll: OpenStackClient command for provision action
dtantsur at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 09:09:37 UTC 2015
I'd like to seek consensus (or at least some opinions) on patch
It proposed the following command:
openstack baremetal provision state --provide UUID
(where --provide can also be --active, --deleted, --inspect, etc).
I have several issues with this proposal:
1. IIUC the structure of an OSC command is "openstack noun verb".
"provision state" is not a verb.
2. --active is not consistent with other options, which are verbs.
Let's have a quick poll, which would you prefer and why:
1. openstack baremetal provision state --provide UUID
2. openstack baremetal provision --provide UUID
3. openstack baremetal provide UUID
4. openstack baremetal set provision state --provide UUID
5. openstack baremetal set state --provide UUID
6. openstack baremetal action --provide UUID
I vote for #3. Though it's much more versbose, it reads very easily,
except for "active". For active I'm thinking about changing it to
"activate" or "provision".
My next candidate is #6. Though it's also not a verb, it reads pretty
More information about the OpenStack-dev