[openstack-dev] [stable] Need group membership change for manila-stable-maint

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Nov 2 10:31:32 UTC 2015

Ben Swartzlander wrote:
> After reading the wiki it sounds like we cannot simply add the core team
> as an included group. I would need to request each core team member be
> added individually. Should I make requests for the individuals? Or
> should I wait until after Tokyo when some newer better process may
> emerge for managing the group membership?
>
> My stance is that I want all of the manila core team to be stable
> maintainers too. Having 2 groups is unnecessary bureaucracy. However I'm
> willing to follow the established process if it's working well for
> everyone else.

Yeah, the extra step is to make sure people read and agree to the stable
branch policy. We have had people in the past that approved backports
they shouldn't have approved, and explained that they didn't know about
the policy. So we implemented a clear step where we point people to the
policy and ask them to agree to follow it...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)