[openstack-dev] [tc] [watcher] New project: Watcher

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Nov 2 10:50:07 UTC 2015

Antoine CABOT wrote:
> We are pleased to introduce Watcher, a new project in the OpenStack
> ecosystem. We believe that a "resource optimization" service in an
> OpenStack-based cloud is a crucial component that has been missing to
> date and we have started working towards filling that gap.
>
> OpenStack Watcher provides a flexible and scalable resource
> optimization service for multi-tenant OpenStack-based clouds.
> [...]

Please note that this project is not an official OpenStack project yet.
In particular, it's not been approved by the Technical Committee to join
the "big tent" yet, and it was actually never proposed there.

If you intend to propose this new project for inclusion, please propose
an openstack/governance change to that effect. You can find the current
project requirements at:

http://governance.openstack.org/reference/new-projects-requirements.html

In the mean time, please refrain from calling your project "OpenStack
Watcher". Thanks in advance!

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)