[openstack-dev] [Neutron][DB] neutron DB migration scripts

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Mon May 25 16:34:49 UTC 2015

On 25 May 2015 at 08:23, Mike Bayer <mbayer at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 5/25/15 10:24 AM, Henry Gessau wrote:
>
>> Yes, unfortunately the autogenerate currently generates commands to drop
>> all the FWaaS, LBaaS and VPNaaS tables since their models are not in the
>> neutron tree. You can and should delete all these commands that are not
>> related to your new models. We have been meaning to fix the autogeneration
>> so that it handles the *aaS tables correctly, but it is a little tricky.
>>
> I'm sure you know this already, but when you do this you should be using
> the Alembic include_object hook:
>

> http://alembic.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api.html?highlight=include_object#alembic.environment.EnvironmentContext.configure.params.include_object
>
> implementing this function will give you complete control over every
> object considered by autogenerate.    I'm assuming the "tricky" part here
> has to do with some unpredictability on the part of the Neutron schema.  On
> the Alembic side it should be straightforward (e.g. there's no need to
> manipulate the MetaData or anything like that).
>
> Feel free to point me to a review dealing with this.

One thing I would like to point out is that in this cycle we'll be working
extensively in this area to make the very task you are working on easier to
deal with, and better documented. This will fall under the umbrella of the
blueprint [1].

HTH
Armando

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/neutron/+spec/core-vendor-decomposition