[openstack-dev] [Neutron][DB] neutron DB migration scripts

Mike Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Mon May 25 15:23:41 UTC 2015

On 5/25/15 10:24 AM, Henry Gessau wrote:
> Yes, unfortunately the autogenerate currently generates commands to
> drop all the FWaaS, LBaaS and VPNaaS tables since their models are not
> in the neutron tree. You can and should delete all these commands that
> are not related to your new models. We have been meaning to fix the
> autogeneration so that it handles the *aaS tables correctly, but it is
> a little tricky.
I'm sure you know this already, but when you do this you should be using
the Alembic include_object hook:

http://alembic.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api.html?highlight=include_object#alembic.environment.EnvironmentContext.configure.params.include_object

implementing this function will give you complete control over every
object considered by autogenerate.    I'm assuming the "tricky" part
here has to do with some unpredictability on the part of the Neutron
schema.  On the Alembic side it should be straightforward (e.g. there's
no need to manipulate the MetaData or anything like that).

Feel free to point me to a review dealing with this.