[openstack-dev] [Puppet] puppet-openstack_zeromq module

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Thu May 21 02:08:03 UTC 2015

Harish Kumar wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have written a puppet-openstack_zeromq module using which one can
> install/configure openstack zeromq reciever.
>
> I would like to know if it make sense to host that code with other
> openstack related puppet module.
>
> Please see the code - https://github.com/jiocloud/puppet-openstack_zeromq
>
> Thanks,
> Harish
>
> --

Harish,

Quick note that we've moved Puppet-OpenStack related conversation to the
OpenStack development mailing list

Thank you so much for this contribution - it is certainly much
appreciated. At this time, as I understand it, we are only hosting the
OpenStack-specific modules (e.g. Nova, Neutron, etc.).

While someone very well might want to use your module for deploying
OpenStack, I think it would be treated in the same way as our other
supporting modules (e.g. MySQL, RabbitMQ, etc.) - which is that they
would live under your (or your company's namespace).

Do you feel comfortable publishing this module on the Puppet Forge? I
would be more than happy to help with that process if necessary.

Regards,

Richard