[openstack-dev] [Manila] Question to driver maintainers

Knight, Clinton Clinton.Knight at netapp.com
Mon May 18 22:19:01 UTC 2015

Hi, Igor.  The NetApp cDOT driver can handle share extend/shrink without disruption.

Clinton

From: Igor Malinovskiy <imalinovskiy at mirantis.com<mailto:imalinovskiy at mirantis.com>>
Date: Monday, May 18, 2015 at 4:15 AM
Subject: [openstack-dev] [Manila] Question to driver maintainers

Hello, everyone!

My letter is mainly addressed to driver maintainers, but could be interesting to everybody.

As you probably know, on Kilo midcycle meetup we discussed share resize functionality (extend and shrink) and I already have implemented 'extend' API in Generic driver (https://review.openstack.org/182383/). After implementation review we

noticed that some backends are able to resize a share without causing disruptions, but others might only be able to do it disruptively (Generic driver case).

So I want to ask driver maintainers here:

Will your driver be able to do share extending without loss of connectivity?

Depending on your answers, we will handle this situation differently.

Best regards,

Igor Malinovskiy (IRC: u_glide)

Manila Core Team