[openstack-dev] [Manila] Question to driver maintainers

Igor Malinovskiy imalinovskiy at mirantis.com
Mon May 18 08:15:25 UTC 2015

Hello, everyone!

My letter is mainly addressed to driver maintainers, but could be
interesting to everybody.

As you probably know, on Kilo midcycle meetup we discussed share resize
functionality (extend and shrink) and I already have implemented 'extend'
API in Generic driver (https://review.openstack.org/182383/). After
implementation review we

noticed that some backends are able to resize a share without causing
disruptions, but others might only be able to do it disruptively (Generic
driver case).

So I want to ask driver maintainers here:

Will your driver be able to do share extending without loss of connectivity?

Depending on your answers, we will handle this situation differently.

Best regards,

Igor Malinovskiy (IRC: u_glide)
Manila Core Team