[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [nova] Are we happy with libvirt-python >= 1.2.0 ?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri May 15 14:52:16 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-15 14:54:37 +0100 (+0100), Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Hmm, I didn't know it was listed in global-requirements.txt - I only
> checked the requirements.txt and test-requirements.txt in Nova itself
> which does not list libvirt-python.
>
> Previously test-requirements.txt did have it, but we dropped it, since
> the unit tests now exclusively use fakelibvirt.
>
> To answer your question though, if global-requirements.txt is enforcing
> that we have libvirt-python 1.2.5, then we can drop that particular
> workaround.

If it's listed in openstack/requirements:global-requirements.txt but
not in any individual repo's requirements.txt or
test-requirements.txt then it's not actually doing anything. It's
just cruft which someone failed to remove once nova stopped
explicitly referencing it as a test requirement.

Note I've added a script in the requirements repo (tools/cruft.sh)
to find things like this, so that interested parties can use it as a
starting point to research possible cleanup work there.
--
Jeremy Stanley