[openstack-dev] [openstack] [cinder] Problems with existing Cinder Database Quota Driver

Duncan Thomas duncan.thomas at gmail.com
Wed May 13 12:05:45 UTC 2015

Quota getting out of sync with usage is the most common reported issue.

I think there would also be some debugability benefit in making
reservations most verbose - including the request id that the reservation
is involved with would make tracing oddities found later in the
reservations table much easier, and cost basically nothing.

On 13 May 2015 at 07:24, Vilobh Meshram <vilobhmeshram.openstack at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am working on the Nested Quota Driver for Cinder [1] and with that
> effort trying to clean up some of the existing quota related issues we have
> with Cinder. Few of the obvious ones which we saw recently is [2] where
> usage and reservation quota was being deleted on quota deletion.
>
> It would be great if you specify anything you are currently experiencing
> with cinder quota so that I could help in making it better by addressing
> them.
>
> -Vilobh
> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1410034

Duncan Thomas