[openstack-dev] [trove][zaqar] Trove and Zaqar integration. Summit working session (was: [all] who is the ptl of trove?)

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Mon May 11 09:49:59 UTC 2015

On 08/05/15 00:45 -0700, Nikhil Manchanda wrote:
>>    3)  The trove-guest-agent is in vm. it is connected by taskmanager
>>    by rabbitmq. We designed it. But is there some prectise to do this?
>>         how to make the vm be connected in vm-network and management
>>         network?
>
>Most deployments of Trove that I am familiar with set up a separate
>RabbitMQ server in cloud that is used by Trove. It is not recommended to
>use the same infrastructure RabbitMQ server for Trove for security
>reasons. Also most deployments of Trove set up a private (neutron)
>network that the RabbitMQ server and guests are connected to, and all
>RPC messages are sent over this network.

We've discussed trove+zaqar in the past and I believe some folks from the
Trove team have been in contact with Fei Long lately about this. Since
one of the projects goal's for this cycle is to provide support to
other projects and contribute to the adoption, I'm wondering if any of
the members of the trove team would be willing to participate in a
Zaqar working session completely dedicated to this integration?

It'd be a great opportunity to figure out what's really needed, edge
cases and get some work done on this specific case.

Thanks,
Flavio

--
@flaper87