[openstack-dev] [chef] Feedback to move IRC Monday meeting and time.

JJ Asghar jasghar at chef.io
Thu May 7 16:19:08 UTC 2015

> On May 6, 2015, at 11:33 PM, Samuel Cassiba <sam at cassiba.com> wrote:
>
> This has actually caused a situation that I’d like to make public. In the documentation the times for the meetings are suggested at the top of the hour, we have ours that start at :30 past. This allows for our friends and community members on the west coast of the United States able to join at a pseudo-reasonable time.  The challenge is, if we move it forward to the top of the hour, we may lose the west coast, but if we move it back to the top of the next hour we may lose our friends in Germany and earlier time zones.
>
> Moving it to the top of the hour would still fall in the realm of pseudo-reasonable, as reasonable as meetings in that timeframe can be. 0800 is more reasonable than 0730. ;-)
>
> By doing that, it would allow the group to remain as inclusive as possible, while still allowing time for commutes for us west coasters.

Awesome! Yeah so it looks like we’ve gotten some positive feedback about moving the meeting to 1600GMT. We’ll discuss it and ideally make it official on Monday, and it’s already added to the agenda[1].

-JJ

[1]: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-chef-meeting-20150511 <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-chef-meeting-20150511>