[openstack-dev] [chef] Feedback to move IRC Monday meeting and time.

Samuel Cassiba sam at cassiba.com
Thu May 7 04:33:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 10:11 AM, JJ Asghar <jasghar at chef.io> wrote:

> Hey everyone!
>
> As we move forward with our big tent move[1] Jan suggested we move from
> our traditional IRC meeting in our main channel #openstack-chef to one of
> the official OpenStack meeting channels[2].

+1

> This has actually caused a situation that I’d like to make public. In the
> documentation the times for the meetings are suggested at the top of the
> hour, we have ours that start at :30 past. This allows for our friends and
> community members on the west coast of the United States able to join at a
> pseudo-reasonable time.  The challenge is, if we move it forward to the top
> of the hour, we may lose the west coast, but if we move it back to the top
> of the next hour we may lose our friends in Germany and earlier time zones.
>
> I’m not sure what to do here, so i’d like some feedback from the
> community.

When we’ve come to a consensus we can attempt to find the open slot in the
> official IRC channels and i can put the stake in the ground here[3].
>
> Thoughts, questions, concerns?
>
> -JJ

Moving it to the top of the hour would still fall in the realm of
pseudo-reasonable, as reasonable as meetings in that timeframe can be. 0800
is more reasonable than 0730. ;-)

By doing that, it would allow the group to remain as inclusive as possible,
while still allowing time for commutes for us west coasters.

-Sam