[openstack-dev] [TripleO] puppet pacemaker thoughts... and an idea

marios marios at redhat.com
Thu May 7 09:15:15 UTC 2015

On 07/05/15 05:32, Dan Prince wrote:
> Looking over some of the Puppet pacemaker stuff today. I appreciate all
> the hard work going into this effort but I'm not quite happy about all
> of the conditionals we are adding to our puppet overcloud_controller.pp
> manifest. Specifically it seems that every service will basically have
> its resources duplicated for pacemaker and non-pacemaker version of the
> controller by checking the $enable_pacemaker variable.
>
> After seeing it play out for a couple services I think I might prefer it
> better if we had an entirely separate template for the "pacemaker"
> version of the controller. One easy way to kick off this effort would be
> to use the Heat resource registry to enable pacemaker rather than a
> parameter.
>
> Something like this:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/180833/

+1 I like this as an idea. Given we've already got quite a few reviews
in flight making changes to overcloud_controller.pp (we're still working
out how to, and enabling services) I'd be happier to let those land and
have the tidy up once it settles (early next week at the latest) -
especially since there's some working out+refactoring to do still,

thanks, marios