[openstack-dev] [neutron] replace external ip monitor

Peter V. Saveliev peter at svinota.eu
Mon May 4 13:46:23 UTC 2015

On 05/04/2015 03:25 PM, Miguel Ángel Ajo wrote:
> Does the library require root privileges to work
> for the operations you’re planning to do?

Nope.

Only the network stack changes need CAP_NET_ADMIN (add/del address,
interface, route, traffic queue etc), and netns operations need the root
access.

Just monitoring doesn't require any special permissions and can run
under «nobody».

> That would be a stopper, since all the agents run unprivileged, and all the
> operations are filtered by the oslo root wrap daemon or cmdline tool.

Offtopic: btw, here I would like to ping Angus with his patchset [1].

<skip />

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/155631/

--
Peter V. Saveliev