[openstack-dev] [nova] Blueprints and Specs for Liberty Deadline

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Fri May 1 11:43:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

Just a quick reminder that blueprints and nova-specs need to be
approved for liberty, even if they have already been approved for a
previous release.

I added deadline in the subject mostly just to get your attention. We
haven't agreed a deadline for spec and blueprint submissions yet, but
expect it to be near liberty-1:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Liberty_Release_Schedule

As with kilo, not all blueprints will need a spec, for details please see:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/devref/kilo.blueprints.html

If you think your blueprint doesn't need a spec, but you want to get
it approve for liberty, please add a link to your blueprint to the
agenda for the next nova-meeting:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Nova

If you want to get your nova-spec reviewed for liberty, please submit
that ASAP. Ideally before the summit, so any problems that come up
during the review can be discussed at the summit.

We already have lots of approved blueprints that are up for review:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/liberty

Please note we are not attempting to predict what features will land
in each milestone during liberty. For more details please see:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Release_Cycle_Management/Liberty_Tracking

Any questions around process, please just ask, and I can help you move
forward. Asking sooner helps us fix the problem sooner.

Thanks,
johnthetubaguy