[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Status of the nova-network to Neutron migration work

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Fri Mar 27 17:04:57 UTC 2015

Let's also keep in mind that the ML2 Plugin has *both* openvswitch and
linuxbridge mechanism drivers enabled[1]. If I understand things
correctly, this means this discussion shouldn't turn into a debate about
which mechanism everyone prefers, since *both* are enabled.

There is one thing that we do in DevStack currently, where we select the
openvswitch agent[2] by default - I don't know what impact that has when
you want to use linuxbridge as the mechanism. I have to do some more
research, ideally we'd be able to run both OVS and linux bridge
mechanisms by default so that people want OVS get OVS and linuxbridge
people get linuxbridge and we can all live happily ever after. :)

[1]: https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/lib/neutron_plugins/ml2#L25
[2]: https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/lib/neutron_plugins/ml2#L21

--
Sean M. Collins