[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Status of the nova-network to Neutron migration work

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:06:47 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Assaf Muller <amuller at redhat.com> wrote:

> Looking at the latest user survey, OVS looks to be 3 times as popular as
> Linux bridge for production deployments. Having LB as the default seems
> like an odd choice. You also wouldn't want to change the default before
> LB is tested at the gate.

Simple things need to be simple to accomplish, and defaults MUST be simple
to use.

LB's support requirements are very simple compared to OVS.  This is an
achievable first step away from nova-net and once conquered the second step
becomes less overwhelming.  Look at the success of swallowing the entire
elephant at once that we've seen in the last $TOO_MANY years.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com