[openstack-dev] [depfreeze][horizon] Update to Django-1.7.x

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Mar 25 10:34:39 UTC 2015

On 03/25/2015 05:04 AM, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Matthias Runge wrote:
>> I'm requesting an exception to bump Django to Django-1.7.x (or better).
>>
>> Rationale:
>>
>> Django-1.8 is expected to be released during the next days. Once it's
>> released, Django-1.6.x will become unsupported by its upstream.
>> Unfortunately that's the latest version we're gating against and that's
>> the version frozen for kilo, or in other words:
>>
>> When Kilo is released, it relies on a version, not supported any more.
>>
>> Review is at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/155353/
>
> Could you make this one "Depends on"
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/167515/ so that we check that all
> Django 1.7 related issues are fixed ?

I don't think it was ever sufficiently explained why horizon now needs
django nose to compile it's message catalog (which is where it is
failing) when moving to 1.7.

http://logs.openstack.org/53/155353/7/check/check-tempest-dsvm-full/961c75f/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2015-03-20_19_25_51_098

That seems to mean that nose is no longer a test only requirement, but a
hard requirement for installation.

While we can work around that in the gate, I think this might bite some
real users here. And I'd rather know why this need changed.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net