[openstack-dev] Beyond IRC (was Re: Cinder Third-Party CI: what next?)

Rochelle Grober rochelle.grober at huawei.com
Tue Mar 24 23:48:41 UTC 2015

Mike Perez on March 24, 2015 16:39 wrote:
On 15:13 Tue 24 Mar     , Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-03-24 at 19:01 +0000, Rochelle Grober wrote:
> > *        Somehow queueing requests in the IRC channel so that offline
> > developers can easily find review requests when looking at channel
> > logs
>
> Maybe we can hack an IRC bot so that it collects review requests and
> lists them on eavesdrop? Something like a user on irc writes:
>
> : please review https://URL because it's needed for GOODREASONS #review
>
> and on a web page like http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/ we add 'requests
> for reviews', maybe an rss feed.
>
> BTW, Thierry had a similar request a few weeks back for a system to
> quickly share 'good news' and create a stream of reasons for
> happyness :)

Python core has an issue summary sent to their list every week [1].

Could do something like this, but with review requests. Using similar filters
from the dashboard [2] like open review requests updated that week, what was
merged, what's close to being merged (has at least one +2) or has a lot of
support (x number of +1's).

Could be a bit much on the dev ML with every project, but maybe acceptable if
we continue to prefix the subject with [project] + filters.

[Rockyg] This actually sounds like a good idea, especially if the subject is identical except for the project filters.  That would make it easy to filter out even if you read the whole mailing list, but don't want to track the review lists.

--Rocky

[1] - https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2015-March/138628.html
[2] - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder#Review_Links

--