[openstack-dev] Beyond IRC (was Re: Cinder Third-Party CI: what next?)

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:38:34 UTC 2015

On 15:13 Tue 24 Mar     , Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> On Tue, 2015-03-24 at 19:01 +0000, Rochelle Grober wrote:
> > ·        Somehow queueing requests in the IRC channel so that offline
> > developers can easily find review requests when looking at channel
> > logs
>
> Maybe we can hack an IRC bot so that it collects review requests and
> lists them on eavesdrop? Something like a user on irc writes:
>
> : please review https://URL because it's needed for GOODREASONS #review
>
> and on a web page like http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/ we add 'requests
> for reviews', maybe an rss feed.
>
> BTW, Thierry had a similar request a few weeks back for a system to
> quickly share 'good news' and create a stream of reasons for
> happyness :)

Python core has an issue summary sent to their list every week [1].

Could do something like this, but with review requests. Using similar filters
from the dashboard [2] like open review requests updated that week, what was
merged, what's close to being merged (has at least one +2) or has a lot of
support (x number of +1's).

Could be a bit much on the dev ML with every project, but maybe acceptable if
we continue to prefix the subject with [project] + filters.

[1] - https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2015-March/138628.html
[2] - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder#Review_Links

--
Mike Perez