[openstack-dev] [Neutron] VLAN trunking network for NFV

Ian Wells ijw.ubuntu at cack.org.uk
Tue Mar 24 21:31:16 UTC 2015

On 24 March 2015 at 11:45, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:

> This may be besides the point, but I really clash with the idea that we
> provide a reference implementation on something we don't have CI for...

Aside from the unit testing, it is going to get a test for the case we can
test - when using the standard config networking that Tempest runs with,
does it return the right answer?  That's pretty much the level of
commitment that the entire test suite gives.

Beyond that, it is about as well tested by the upstream testing as the ML2
plugin (which, in the main tests, is tested in one config only) and more
well tested than the LB driver (I don't eisn't touched by the system tests
but is still in-tree).  I'm not out to make the test coverage any worse,
and I apologise that we can't test this when it's returning a positive
result, but the system tests do have limitations in this regard.

That said, I'd love to put a positive test in the system tests if only we
can work out how to do one - suggestions welcome...
--
Ian.