[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Removing udp_port field from 'ml2_vxlan_endpoint' table

Romil Gupta romilgupta19 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 10:40:42 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

There is regarding the following bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1373359

May I know what is the significance of having the '*udp_port'* field in the
 *'ml2_vxlan_endpoints*' table in Neutron DB, Do we have any plans in
future that we could use this field for synchronization or any other
purpose instead of simply keeping it in the DB.

The following patchset will fix the bug mentioned above,
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/153891/

But the question still remains the same. Do we need to keep this field or
we need to remove it?

--
*Regards,*

*Romil *