[openstack-dev] [barbican] Barbican : Unable to send PUT request to store the secret

John Wood john.wood at RACKSPACE.COM
Sat Mar 21 03:34:10 UTC 2015

Hello Asha,

First, please add '[barbican]' to the subject line to indicate this thread is of Barbican interest only. So for example, the revised subject line would look like:
Re: [openstack-dev] [barbican] Unable to send PUT request to store the secret

You appear to be doing a two step secret upload, in which case the second step (the PUT) needs the full URI to the secret...the URI in your PUT call is missing the UUID in other words.

This demo script may help you as well: https://github.com/openstack/barbican/blob/master/bin/demo_requests.py#L85

Thanks,
John

From: Asha Seshagiri <asha.seshagiri at gmail.com<mailto:asha.seshagiri at gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, March 20, 2015 at 2:05 PM
To: openstack-dev <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [openstack-dev] Barbican : Unable to send PUT request to store the secret

Hi All ,

I am unable to send the PUT request using the CURL command for storing the secret .

root at barbican:~# curl -X POST -H 'content-type:application/json' -H 'X-Project-Id: 12345' -d '{"secret": {"name": "secretname", "algorithm": "aes", "bit_length"                                  : 256, "mode": "cbc"}}' http://localhost:9311/v1/secrets
{"secret_ref": "http://localhost:9311/v1/secrets/84aaac35-daa9-4ffb-b03e-18596729705d"}

curl -X PUT -H 'content-type:application/json' -H 'X-Project-Id: 12345' -d '{"secret": {"payload": "secretput", "payload_content_type": "text/plain" }}' http://localhost:9311/v1/secrets
{"code": 405, "description": "", "title": "Method Not Allowed"}

It would be great if some one could help me .
Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Asha Seshagiri