[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Pipeline for notifications does not seem to work

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Fri Mar 20 15:40:32 UTC 2015

I'm running Juno with ceilometer and trying to produce a new meter which is based on vcpus * F (where F is a constant that is different for each hypervisor).

When I create a VM, I get a new sample for vcpus.

However, it does not appear to fire the transformer.

The same approach using "cpu" works OK but this one is polling on a regular interval rather than a one off notification when the VM is created.

Any suggestions or alternative approaches for how to get a sample based the number of cores scaled by a fixed constant?

Tim

In my pipeline.yaml sources,

    - name: vcpu_source
      interval: 180