[openstack-dev] [third-party]Properly format the status message with gerrit trigger

Jordan Pittier jordan.pittier at scality.com
Fri Mar 20 15:30:34 UTC 2015

Hi guys,
I am in charge of a third party CI (for Cinder). My setup is based on
Jenkins + gerrit trigger plugin. As you may know, it"s hard to customize
the message in the "Gerrit Verified Commands" config. In particular, it"s
not possible to add "white/empty line". And you need white lines if you
have several builds for the same trigger.

As you know, the infra team wants the 3rd party CI to respect this format :
http://ci.openstack.org/third_party.html#posting-result-to-gerrit

Currenly gerrit trigger plugin reports in this format :

http://link.to/result : [SUCCESS|FAILURE]

As you see the "test-name-no-spaces" is missing...

I don't want to fork the gerrit-trigger (the code to change is here [1])
just for that. And, I know other people have faced the same issue. For some
obscure reason I don't want to install/use Zuuul.

So would it make sense to slightly change the regex [2] so that gerrit
trigger is also supported out of the box  ? That would make my life easier
:)

Thanks,
Jordan

[1]