[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Tuskar] Common library for shared code

Jan Provazník jprovazn at redhat.com
Fri Mar 20 11:20:12 UTC 2015

On 03/18/2015 04:22 PM, Ben Nemec wrote:
> On 03/17/2015 09:13 AM, Zane Bitter wrote:

>>> Any particular reason you want to start on stackforge?  If we're going
>>> to be consuming this in TripleO (and it's basically going to be
>>> functionality graduating from incubator) I'd rather just have it in the
>>> openstack namespace.  The overhead of some day having to rename this
>>> project seems unnecessary in this case.
>>
>> I think the long-term hope for this code is for it to move behind the
>> Tuskar API, so at this stage the library is mostly to bootstrap that
>> development to the point where the API is more or less settled. In that
>> sense stackforge seems like a natural fit, but if folks feel strongly
>> that it should be part of TripleO (i.e. in the openstack namespace) from
>> the beginning then there's probably nothing wrong with that either.
>
> So is this eventually going to live in Tuskar?  If so, I would point out
> that it's going to be awkward to move it there if it starts out as a
> separate thing.  There's no good way I know of to copy code from one git
> repo to another without losing its history.
>
> I guess my main thing is that everyone seems to agree we need to do
> this, so it's not like we're testing the viability of a new project.
> I'd rather put this code in the right place up front than have to mess
> around with moving it later.  That said, this is kind of outside my
> purview so I don't want to hold things up, I just want to make sure
> we've given some thought to where it lives.
>
> -Ben

Hi,
I don't have a strong opinion where this lib should live. James, as
TripleO PTL, what is your opinion about the lib location?

For now, I set WIP on the patch which adds this lib into Stackforge [1]
(which I sent shortly before Ben pointed out the concern about its
location).

Jan

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/165433/