[openstack-dev] [nova] what is our shipped paste.ini going to be for Kilo

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 15:22:12 UTC 2015

On 03/16/2015 11:08 AM, John Garbutt wrote:
> While its not under Nova's control, I think we need to consider the
> keystone catalog here.
>
> It feels nice to have an explicit entry for v2.1, that people start
> using once the client is updated to support microversions. DefCore
> would eventually check for the presence of that entry.
>
> Eventually, the v2 entry would be served by the v2.1 code, once we are
> happy its not going to break too many folks, at least including all
> the major SDKs. I hope thats during Liberty.

I'd really rather get away from any explicit entries in the keystone
service catalog for API versions.  It seems kind of broken to me.  I
think the service catalog should only have enough to point you to the
APIs location.  Discovering and choosing versions should be done by the
client and not embedded in the service catalog.

--
Russell Bryant