[openstack-dev] Deprecation warnings considered harmful?

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 11:25:13 UTC 2015

On 03/13/2015 01:37 AM, Nikhil Manchanda wrote:
> Looking back at the meeting eavesdrop, the primary reasons why we
> deferred this work to Liberty was twofold:
>
> - It wasn't a set plan based on information available to us at the
> time. This being the case, we decided to wait until we had more
> information regarding the requirements around this from oslo.
>
> - We wanted to ensure that we had a corresponding hacking rule in
> place to prevent future patch-sets from using the deprecated
> module names.

For hacking check, I have a patch in review for 'hacking' repo to add
checks (both for stable branches where oslo.* namespace is used, and
new branches where oslo_* is expected):

- - https://review.openstack.org/157894

Also, neutron has a (test covered) hacking check at:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/neutron/tree/neutron/hacking/checks.py#n119

Feel free to adopt.