[openstack-dev] [nova] readout from Philly Operators Meetup

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Mar 11 21:09:56 UTC 2015

On 03/11/2015 11:26 AM, Clark Boylan wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015, at 05:59 AM, Sean Dague wrote:
>> Galera Upstream Testing
>> -----------------------
>>
>> The majority of deploys run with Galera MySQL. There was a question
>> about whether or not we could get that into upstream testing pipeline
>> as that's the common case.
>>
> It should be possible to run a two node galera cluster with garbd in the
> current two node test environment. Or run an extra mysql on one of the
> two nodes for a total of three database daemons (likely the compute node
> as the controller already has a bunch of memory stealing daemons
> running).
>
> These aiopcpu (all in one plus compute node) tests run against
> devstack-gate, devstack, tempest, nova, and neutron's experimental
> queues and can be triggered by leaving a `check experimental` comment on
> changes belonging to any of these projects. If we need to add the job to
> the experimental queues of more projects we can do that too.

Can we sanely run a 2 node galera in a single node devstack? It might
make for a more interesting default there given that time and again this
seems to be the deployment strategy for nearly everyone, and there are
some edge case differences that Jay Pipes has highlighted that would be
nice to be more in front of everyone.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague