[openstack-dev] [nova][heat] Autoscaling parameters blueprint

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 10:38:41 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 09:01:04AM +0000, ELISHA, Moshe (Moshe) wrote:
>    Hey,
>

>    Can someone please share the current status of the "Autoscaling signals to
>    allow parameter passing for UserData" blueprint -
>     https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/autoscaling-parameters.

This is quite old, and subsequent discussions have happened which indicate
a slightly different approach, e.g this thread here where I discuss
approaches to signalling an AutoScalingGroup to remove a specific group
member.  As Angus has noted, ResourceGroup already allows this via a
different interface.

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-December/053447.html

>    We have a very concrete use case that require passing parameters on scale
>    out.
>
>    What is the best way to revive this blueprint?

Probably the first thing is to provide a more detailed description of your
use-case.

I'll try to revive the AutoScalingGroup signal patch mentioned in the
thread above this week, it's been around for a while and is probably needed
for any interface where we pass data in to influence AutoScalingGroup
adjustment behaviour asynchronously (e.g not via the template definition).

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/143496/

Steve