[openstack-dev] [nova][heat] Autoscaling parameters blueprint

Angus Salkeld asalkeld at mirantis.com
Wed Mar 11 10:25:15 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 7:01 PM, ELISHA, Moshe (Moshe) <
moshe.elisha at alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:

>  Hey,
>

> Can someone please share the current status of the “Autoscaling signals to
> allow parameter passing for UserData” blueprint -
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat/+spec/autoscaling-parameters.
>

> We have a very concrete use case that require passing parameters on scale
> out.
>
> What is the best way to revive this blueprint?

Hi

You can remove a particular instance from a resource group by doing an
update and
adding the instance to be removed to the removal_list.

See the section "removal_policies" here:
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/heat/template_guide/openstack.html#OS::Heat::ResourceGroup

Let us know if this could do the job for you.

Regards
Angus