[openstack-dev] [tooz] 1.0 goals

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at macinnes.ie
Mon Mar 9 19:33:02 UTC 2015

On 09/03/15 13:56, Julien Danjou wrote:
> Hi fellow developers,
>
> It'd be nice to achieve a 1.0 release for tooz, as some projects are
> already using it, and more are going to adopt it.
>
> I think we should collect features and potential bugs/limitations we'd
> like to have and fix before that. Ideas, thoughts?
>
> Cheers,

Funnily enough, We just started looking at tooz for Designate -
specifically hoping for functionality similar to Kazoo's partitioner[1].

For our metering and billing use case, we'll need to periodically emit
and "dns.zone.exists" event for every zone, unlike for example nova
where nova-compute handles this, and the # of events it needs to emit
each hour is bounded by the number of VMs you can squeeze onto a single
compute node, there can be millions of zones owned by a single node.
Having something like Kazoo's partitioner would certainly help here!

Thanks,
Kiall

[1]: http://kazoo.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api/recipe/partitioner.html