[openstack-dev] [neutron] Neutron agent internal data structures

Leo Y minherz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 12:35:56 UTC 2015

Thank you. I am looking to read this state and compare it with neutron DB.
If there are agents that do it already, I would like only to learn if I can
change the polling period. Can you advise about the most efficient way to
learn which agent does it and which doesn't?

Leonid

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 12:02 AM, Salvatore Orlando <sorlando at nicira.com>
wrote:

> Hi Leo,
>
> Every agent keeps anyway an in-memory state throughout its execution.
> The agents indeed have no persistent storage - at least not in the usual
> form of a database. They however rely on data other than the neutron
> database.
>
> For instance for the l2 agent, ovsdb itself is a source of information.
> The agent periodically scans it to detect interfaces which are brought up
> or down.
> As another example the dhcp agent stores its current state a 'data'
> directory (if you're using devstack it's usually
> /opt/stack/data/neutron/dhcp)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Salvatore
>

> On 7 March 2015 at 13:05, Leo Y <minherz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Where within the code of neutron agents I can find structure(s) that
>> store network information? The agent has to know all current networks and
>> ports in use by all VMs that are running in its compute node. Does anyone
>> know where this information is stored except for neutron DB?
>>
>> Thank you

Regards,
        Leo